Friday, July 25, 2008

Welcome to the World, Baby Ryan!

Our household grew by two feet on May 14, 2008, at 1:18 a.m.
Ryan Alexander was born, and life has forever changed!
We hope you enjoy these images of Ryan's first 10 weeks.


The First Day


Welcome to the world, Ryan Alexander!




The first bath...doesn't look so good...



The first visitor at 5:50 A.M.: Auntie Val stopped by before work.




Just some of Ryan's first day visitors...but all of his superhero aunts and uncles.



In the Hospital

Ryan's first days in the hospital were spent visiting with family, friends and getting the hang of life on the outside. Here are a few images from those days.


Aunt Clara and Uncle Peter























Hanging out in his crib.


Ready to go home with Mommy and Daddy and face the new world!


The First Days at Home


Ryan, Audrey and Adam tried to settle into the new routine, as dictated by a 7 pound enforcer. Hope you enjoy some shots from the early days...he looks so small compared to his present size!


Baby Power! Ryan with Carrie from Brandeis.


I love to eat.


First time in his swing.



The first bath: started out iffy...


Hmmm, not so bad.


Nice and warm.



Baci couldn't watch.


Thinking big thoughts.


Hanging around, then a month old.


Ryan has his mommy's toes.


Rico Suave


Happy July 4th, everyone! I am rooting for the Red Sox.


It's rough being me (with my Mommy after a long night).


Little feet, little slippers.


Checking out Freddie Firefly on my playmat.


Hey! You!


Look at me!


Just hanging around before dinner at the Poppy.



First Vacation
Ryan spent his first vacation on the Cape at Nana Ellen and Papa Frank's house. He and his mom spent four days and three nights in Mashpee. Ryan had fun; Mom got some much needed sleep!


Getting ready for the ride and saying "See you later" to Dad.


Hanging out on Auntie Lissy's bed...she'll never know...


Papa Frank takes really good care of me!


Saying goodbye to Papa and Nana

Ryan's Christening Day
Ryan was baptized on July 20 at Brandeis by Father Walter Cuenin. His godparents are Auntie Val and Uncle Michael Jenkins. Ryan had a good time during the ceremony, then slept off the excitement for most of the day.


What will I see if I turn my head this way...


Hey, the anointing oil smells good!







7 comments:

liselague said...

He is GORGEOUS! We can't wait to see him in person. He looks like you, Audrey!
Big hugs to you three. xo Lise

Nana said...

I LOVE the blog!! Of course, Ryan is the most gorgeous baby, but I'm a little biased. Great pictures! Love you all. Nana

Anonymous said...

Okay, so he is the most beautiful baby that I have ever seen. But, when you have two beautiful, kind, nice, loving, caring parents...what do you expect?? Now all he has to do is SLEEP!!!

Love,
NANA G

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ajEVENTS said...

We LOVE this little boy!!
love, Auntie Liss and Daniel

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy said...

Let's try this again, without typos!!

Hi Ryan!

I am your mom's cousin, Joy, and Richard and I were married the day you were born!
I love your Red Sox "onesy!"
I can't wait to meet you. Maybe when I am back in Boston this December we can have lunch with your mom and Auntie Val? You can choose the place.
Do you have anything on your wish list that I can send you?

Please tell your mom and dad that I am very happy for them!
Ok, be a good boy and have a nice, long nap!

Love,
Joy